WHAT IS DUE FOR THE CLIENT PROJECT
ITEM 1: Paper/report
This a professional quality report you will turn in. You will give one copy to me and one to the client. I recommend turning the report in a quality folder.Here is how I recommend structuring the report:
- Provide a brief situational analysis (state the question/problem you are working on). Include background on why the athletic department wants help with this area and desired goals. This section essentially lets the client know you understand their current problem and their goals.
- Provide a brief overview of what the athletic department is currently doing or what they have done to try to address the problem/issue in the past. For example, has the athletic department tried to provide smaller or lesser known sports using social media in the past? Have the used Twitter or a Facebook campaign? Have they used YouTube? If so, what type of results did they get? If they failed, why do you think they failed?
- Provide an overview of any research you conducted. For example, with the chant issue, have any other institutions used social media at their schools to start new traditions, chants or stop problematic behaviors at games? If so, what did they do and how did they use social media to achieve their goals? The purpose of this section is to let the client know you researched the problem and look for working case studies/examples for around the web
- Provide your recommendations. For example, what social media channels should they use? How should they use them (how often should they use them, what type of content should they post, how do they gather the content, how do they manage content production and sharing, how do they manage engagement). How long will it take for them to see results? What results do you recommend they look for/measure?
ITEM 2: Oral Presentation
Each group will provide a 10-15 minute professional presentation to the entire class on May 2nd. The presentation can include a PowerPoint, Prezi, etc. but this is not required. For the most part, your presentation will be an oral presentation of what is in your paper/report. Mike Walsh, Alex, Nate, Leona and I will be jointly judging/grading the presentations.
Grading will be based on the following
- quality of report
- quality of presentation
- your peers in your group rating your involvement and contributions to the project.